From the very first Hi-MO 5 module to roll off the production line, to successive cumulative shipment milestones of 10GW, 20GW and now 30GW, LONGi has remained fully committed to bringing the most reliable products to market in order to provide high-efficiency solutions for the development of the new power system.
Hi-MO 5 modules are not only ideal for utility-scale power plants, but are also widely applicable for the Distributed Generation (DG) market. In depth analysis suggests that Hi-MO 5 is widely considered to represent the optimal product based on size, its compatibility with the industrial chain, its product value and life cycle reliability.
Have you read?
LONGi green energy technology
From Hi-MO 1 to Hi-MO 5, from its debut in the module business to becoming a shipment leader, LONGi has remained focused on customer value and technological innovation and continues to be at the vanguard of industry breakthroughs in order to achieve, with its global customers and partners, the ultimate goal of carbon neutrality.
Milestone review of the LONGi Hi-MO 5 module
- 29 June 2020 – Hi-MO 5 product release.
- 8 August 2020 – module showcased at SNEC Shanghai.
- 8 September 2020 – first Hi-MO 5 module rolls off production line.
- 15 September 2020 – first shipment contract signed.
- 12 November 2020 – LONGi, Jinko and JA discussed at the Conference Advanced PV Technology for Better LCOE – 182mm Module and System Technology.
- 28 April 2021 – recognised with awards at TÜV Rheinland All Quality Matters solar congress.
- 26 May 2021 – white paper on module based on 182mm wafer jointly released by LONGi, Jinko and JA.
- 31 May 2021 – study on load performance of large-size & oversized PV modules released.
- 21 July 2021 – recognised with award at Intersolar Europe.
- 8 September 2021 – consensus on the standardisation of PV modules produced with 182mm (M10) wafers reached by LONGi, Jinko and JA.
- 24 September 2021 – slight advantage of 182mm module shown by DNV analysis of BOS cost of large format modules.
- 29 October 2021 – dynamic mechanical load (DML) testing results released.
- 5 November 2021 – global shipments exceed 10GW.
- 27 April 2022 – global shipments exceed 20GW.
- 15 July 2022 – global shipments exceed 30GW.
Have you read?
LONGi releases its annual report for 2021 and Q1 2022
Founded in 2000, LONGi is committed to being the world’s leading solar technology company, focusing on customer-driven value creation for full scenario energy transformation.
Under its mission of Utilizing Solar Energy, Building a Green World and brand philosophy of Steadfast and Reliable Technology Leadership, LONGi has dedicated itself to technology innovation and established five business sectors, covering mono silicon wafers, cells and modules, commercial & industrial distributed solar solutions, green energy solutions and hydrogen equipment. The company has honed its capabilities to provide green energy and has, more recently, also embraced green hydrogen products and solutions to support global zero carbon development.
LONGi Solar breaks own world record twice in one week