SHANGRAO, China, Aug. 26, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — JinkoSolar Holding Co., Ltd. (“JinkoSolar” or the “Company”) (NYSE: JKS), one of the largest and most innovative solar module manufacturers in the world, today announced its unaudited financial results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2022.
Second Quarter 2022 Business Highlights
- Significant year-over-year growth in revenues and module shipments.
- Demand in European markets remained strong; shipments to China market increased significantly year-over-year and sequentially.
- Product mix was further optimized with the shipments of large-size products increasing to nearly 90% of total shipments.
- The first phase of 16 GW N-type cells reached full capacity with mass production efficiency exceeding 24.8%.
- We have high visibility for the order book of our premium N-type modules.
Second Quarter 2022 Operational and Financial Highlights
- Quarterly shipments were 10,532 MW (10,183 MW for solar modules, and 349 MW for cells and wafers), up 25.5% sequentially, and up 102.4% year-over-year.
- Total revenues were RMB18.84 billion (US$2.81 billion), up 27.6% sequentially and up 137.6% year-over-year. The sequential and year-over-year increases were mainly attributable to an increase in the shipment of solar modules.
- Gross profit was RMB2.77 billion (US$413.8 million), up 24.5% sequentially and up 103.9% year-over-year.
- Gross margin was 14.7%, compared with 15.1% in Q1 2022 and 17.1% in Q2 2021. The sequential change was relatively flat and the year-over-year decrease was mainly due to an increase in the material cost of solar modules.
- Adjusted net income attributable to JinkoSolar Holding Co., Ltd’s ordinary shareholders, which excludes the impact from a change in fair value of the convertible senior notes (the “Notes”) and the share based compensations expenses, was RMB368.4 million (US$55.0 million), compared with RMB328.4 million in Q1 2022 and RMB264.1 million in Q2 2021. Due to the increase in the Company’s stock price in Q2 2022, the Company recognized a loss from a change in fair value of the Notes of RMB536.9 million (US$80.2 million) in Q2 2022.
- Net loss attributable to JinkoSolar Holding Co., Ltd’s ordinary shareholders was RMB623.3 million (US$93.1 million), compared with net income attributable to JinkoSolar Holding Co., Ltd’s ordinary shareholders of RMB28.9 million in Q1 2022 and RMB66.2 million in Q2 2021.
- Basic and diluted losses per ordinary share were RMB3.15 (US$0.47) and RMB3.15 (US$0.47), respectively. This translates into basic and diluted losses per ADS of RMB12.60 (US$1.88) and RMB12.60 (US$1.88), respectively.
Mr. Xiande Li, JinkoSolar’s Chairman of the Board of Directors and Chief Executive Officer, commented, “We had a good quarter despite difficult market conditions. Total module shipments in the second quarter were approximately 10.2GW, up 26.8% sequentially, and total revenues reached US$2.81 billion, up 27.6% sequentially. As polysilicon prices continued to rise, we actively worked to control internal costs through technical advancement and process improvement, partially offsetting the impact of higher upstream costs. Gross margin in the second quarter …….